Who we are
To whom much is given, much is expected; from whom much is expected, much is given. Luke 12:48
Saint Anthony's Guild Agape Community (SAGAC) Foundation is a philanthropic Organisation which is non politial, non governmental and non profit making. The organisation is aimed at exhibiting Christ's love in the society through caring for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC). SAGAC is a lay philanthropic community that endeavours to bring up children in love of God to be useful citizens and responsible adults.
The Foundation timidly began on the 17th July 2015. The first Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Foundation took place on 4th December 2015 at Holiday Inn Resort, New Town, Limbe. There were about 25 persons in attendance including top government officials. Our motto is " Humble beginning to higher heights ".
Humble beginning to higher heights
In 1974, Mama Ngatchu Rose returned from the United States with a mission from the Lord. (?). Touched by St. Anthony’s story, she who had nearly everything decided to dedicate her life to carry that mission. It took 23 years of persistent prayer and hard work for Mama’s mission to see the physical light of day. The orphanage was created in 1997.
It then took 12 more years of toiling before the orphanage became operational. Of course, with all the good will in the world, the orphanage could not successfully operate without giving to Caeser what belonged to Caesar.
Finally, on 25th February 2015 with a MINISTERIAL Order no.002/A/MINAS/SG/SDPDE/SACIPEE of 25 February 2015 related to final Authorization for opening and functioning of a private social welfare institution denominated DHO.
Diligence and scrupulousness
Love, charity, joy and humility in serving humanity
Creating self – sustaining communities that promote love for God and love for men”
Manage, Supervise, Coordinate, Collaborate
- To supervise, oversee and maintain the existing and new organs in order to ensure the growth, sustenance and continuity of all the organs of SAGAC.
- To provide scholarships for under-privileged children at all levels of education, apprenticeship and artisan-ship.
- To organize seminars, refresher courses and training programs to various groups of people depending on their needs and requirements especially those interested in humanitarian practices, philanthropic activities, Spiritual development and leadership programs.
- To collaborate with government and other existing organizations both nationally and internationally in the protection and defense of Human rights.
- To contribute in the good governance movement and ethics in business and government
"I was called to do this.
There is no other explanation.
I simply obeyed the Lord’s command and here we are today.
All that we have accomplished all this there is no way it could have been
done if the Lord’s hand wasn’t in it.
I am certain of that"
Mama Ngatchu Rose